VOLUNTEER'S AGREEMENT TO RELEASE ALL LIABILITY
Wish to receive information about Pomona Beautiful Projects?
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SUE.
I understand that I am a voluntary in this Adopt-A-Neighborhood program. I understand that I must sign this release of liability if I would like to participate in the volunteer project. I understand that Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona is permitted by law to require me to sign this release of liability before permitting me to participate in this volunteer project. I understand that I am agreeing to forever release from liability and hold harmless the Pomona Beautiful and City of Pomona and its employees, officers, managers, agents and council members. I further agree to give up my right to sue Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona for any and all property damage, personal injury or wrongful death resulting from their negligence, my own negligence, or the negligence of others. My signature on this document will also prevent my heirs, assigns, representatives, legal guardians, or any person who may sue on my behalf, from suing as well. I understand that by participating in this activity, there are risks of physical injury to my person or property, as well as risks due to the negligent conduct of the City and its employees, myself, or others, involved with the volunteer project. By voluntarily participating in the Pomona Beautiful project I understand the risks of injury to my person and property and am assuming the risk of such. By signing below, I acknowledge and declare that I understand the legal consequences of this release.
I hereby give my permission to Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona to photograph me/to photograph my child/children. I , hereby grant Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona, an irrevocable right and permission, in connection with the photographs/videos taken of me and my child, or in which I or my child may be included with others for use in any manner consistent with the law. I also grant Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona all legal rights associated with the use of said photographs, in whole or in part, either by themselves or in conjunction with other photographs in any medium and for any purposes whatsoever, including all promotional and advertising uses as well as, using my name in connection therewith if it is so desired, without compensation. I understand that all photographs taken by Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona or their employees become the sole property of the Pomona Beautiful and City of Pomona. I hereby release and discharge Pomona Beautiful and the City of Pomona, its assigns, licensees and legal representatives from any and all claims, actions and demands arising out of, or in connection with, the use of said Photographs including without limitations, any and all claims for invasion of privacy and libel. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement prior to its execution, and I am fully familiar with the contents thereof. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns. I understand that the Photographs may be published in City, Library and the Pomona Chamber of Commerce print publications and /or used in promotional displays. The photographs may be used on websites but no child’s name with be published on the internet. I understand that I will not be compensated for the use of the Photographs and also hereby voluntarily waive, release and relinquish any right to be compensated for the use of the Photograph. Please be advised that all participants involved in any programs and/or events are subject to being photographed.
Parent/Guardian: I declare under penalty of perjury that I am the parent/guardian of the minor. I have authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of the minor. I agree to be bound by its terms [if participant is a minor].
Adopt-A-Neighborhood program is a community program within the City of Pomona. Our Mission is to instill a sense of community pride by creating partnerships that work toward the beautification of the City.
Project Instructions and Safety Requirements
- Complete the Volunteer’s Agreement to Release All Liability Form.
- Persons 14 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult volunteer.
- No open-toed shoes, or flip flops.
- Volunteers wear gloves and safety vests provided by ATSP.
- Stay in open areas and use the buddy system.
- Work in small groups
- Stay alert at all times
- Stay away from traffic, motorists, and construction zones.
- Remember, tools are not toys.
- Do not pick up broken bottles or sharp objects – use a trash grabber.
- Do not touch anything that may be toxic or hazardous.
- Note the location of an unsafe item and report it to a team leader or AANP.
- NEVER let others go off alone
Litter Cleanup Tips:
- Keep trash bags at 20lbs.
- Do not drag trash bags, pick them up .
- Double tie all trash bags.
- Bags are to be piled at major street corners or designated location.
Bulky Item Handling:
- Be cautious of bulky items.
- Gently kick the item to make sure animals aren’t underneath or around it.
- Place bulky items next to the trash bags.
- Flatten tumbleweeds and palm fronds, and place them under trash bags.
- If an animal poses a threat, or you find a dead animal, do not touch them.
- Call the Dept. of Animal Services: (909)623-9777
- Report Graffiti by calling the City of Pomona at (909)620-2265
- If you have health issues (such as respiratory problems, or diabetes), notify your team leader.
- Bring any necessary medication with you.
- Do not overwork yourself.
- Stay hydrated
- First aid is located at AANP Staging area
- For medical emergency, dial 9-1-1 and notify AANP staff immediately.
I have read the foregoing instructions and agree to comply with them in order to participate in this Adopt A Neighborhood Program.